Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of Polish Academy of Sciences in Olsztyn is looking for:
to administer innovative research grants from national and European competitive sources
About the Institute
The overall mission of the Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of Polish Academy of Sciences (IAR&FR PAS) is to conduct the world class research dedicated to understand and improve the natural environment’s impact on human’s quality of life and animal wellbeing. The Institute is committed to provide exceptional and innovative research aligned with regional and national needs. IAR&FR PAS was established on April 1, 1988. It consists of two scientific divisions: Reproductive Biology and Food Sciences, as well as administration and service units. On January 1, 2016 the Institute incorporated into its structure the Research Station in Popielno.
IAR&FR PAS is regarded as family friendly employer with positive approach towards the culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding.
About the position
The Grants Specialist position helps stimulate and support external (national and international) funding activity of researchers, staff and administration. This position provides front line support and customer service for the staff submitting proposals and takes the lead in searching and communicating funding opportunities. The Grants Specialist projects a positive, service-oriented attitude to the Institute’s employees and external academic stakeholders.
Duties and responsibilities
- Preparing grants applications and providing feedback on draft proposals.
- Supporting administrative, legal and financial management of grants.
- Monitoring relevant open calls for grant applications and searching for grant partners.
- Assisting researchers in networking/matchmaking events and brokerage opportunities.
- Maintaining contacts with funding agencies.
- Delivering training sessions on grant preparation and management for Institute’s staff and external academic stakeholders.
- Keeping record of relevant documentation, updating and managing projects’ database.
- Development and coordination of the Research Management Guidance online database (RMG).
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects at the same time.
- More than 2 years of experience writing and securing grants from competitive sources.
- Be detail-oriented with very strong organization skills.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in the use of modern office software.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Openness towards initiative and proactive approach.
- Ability to work with confidential and sensitive information and records.
To apply, please submit
- CV (in English),
- Cover letter (in English)
- At least one writing sample (preferably a grant application)
- Application address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- When applying please state your name and position name in e-mail title
- Inspiring and challenging job in a friendly and supportive team.
- Employment contract leading to stable employment.
- Attractive salary adequate to presented skills and experience (4500 – 6000 PLN gross).
- Professional development.
- Social care via employer’s social fund.
- Autonomy in action.
- Environment of diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please include the following statement in your application documentation (CV preferably):
„I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data included in the application documentation by the Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of Polish Academy of Sciences in Olsztyn, Tuwima 10, 10-748 Olsztyn, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process”.
Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of Polish Academy of Sciences in Olsztyn. Full information available here.