Department of Hormonal Action Mechanisms at the Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research Polish Academy of Science (IARFR PAS) offers a position for one Fellow interested in molecular and cell biology, motivated to develop a career in the interdisciplinary team of prof. Monika M. Kaczmarek.
Deadline for applications: February 20, 2023
Preferred job starting date: no later than March 1st, 2023.
IARFR PAS is located in Olsztyn and is one of the top ranked Polish research institutes that performs interdisciplinary research in agricultural and biological sciences, booth basic and applied. The Institute is equipped with state-of-the-art technology, has excellent core facilities and supportive administration. IARFR provides stimulating scientific environment, especially due to its cooperative, multidisciplinary character. Collaborations and exchange of knowledge and techniques between scientists from different disciplines is common and encouraged.
Olsztyn would be a good choice if you appreciate close contact with nature and quiet life. Within the administrative bounds of the city you will find more than 10 lakes with a very well-developed tourist and sport infrastructure, as well as leisure facilities. Each year the calendar is filled with a number of cultural and sports events (more @ Wikipedia).
Research of the prof. Monika M. Kaczmarek team is focuses on the mechanisms assuring successful reproduction in mammals. We are especially interested in understanding the molecular communication between mother and embryo/newborn leading to healthy offspring. More info at Kaczmarek’s Lab web page and Molecular Biology Laboratory – core facility page.
Within the OPUS grant „Milky Way to reproductive success: role of leptin in the programming of reproductive functions over generations” we aim to decipher the multiple layers of signaling pathways leading to lactocrine-based programming of reproductive performance over generations using mouse model. Because parental investment is one of the environmental conditions that can directly influence the development of offspring we decided to test how malnutrition of mother during lactation affects reproductive performance of next generations. In order to reach set specific aims of the project a combination of molecular biology, cell biology and high-throughput screening of transcriptome and epigenome will be used. We provide opportunities for interdisciplinary collaborations within the team, in the institute, as well as with the national and international partners.
- M.Sc. degree in biology, biotechnology or related area of science;
- Eligibility for Ph.D. studies in Poland under the supervision of prof. Kaczmarek;
- High motivation, independent thinking, good analytical and interpersonal skills, collaborative attitude;
- Have very good written and oral communication in English;
- Previous experimental experience in one or more of the following areas – molecular and cell biology, animal reproduction, neurobiology and rodent studies will be advantageous.
- Full-time scholarship for 16 months;
- min. 3500 PLN of full stipend cost per month;
- Position with 100% focus on research (no teaching obligations);
- Full technical, administrative and organizational support;
- Participation in courses, scientific training, support from peers, and academic mentoring.
The Ph.D. student will be selected from candidates in an open competition, according to the procedure complying the rules for granting scholarships for young scientists in research projects funded by the National Science Centre (NCN Council Resolution No. 96/2016 dated October 27, 2016 r.) and to the rules of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers as a part of HR Excellence in Research strategy.
How to apply?
Interested candidates are kindly asked to contact prof. Monika M. Kaczmarek by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) and provide CV, a short motivation letter, a description of your key achievements, contacts to at least two potential referees (including one of your supervisors) and copy of the diploma by 20.02.2023.
The deadline for applications may be extended until suitable candidates who fulfills all requirements are found.
In your CV, please include a consent clause for the processing of personal data in the recruitment process:
„I consent to the processing of my personal data contained in the application documents by the Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Olsztyn, 10-748 Olsztyn, ul. Tuwima 10, in order to carry out the recruitment process and publishing the full results of the competition on the Institute’s website.”
- The administrator of personal data processed as part of the recruitment process is the Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Olsztyn, 10-748 Olsztyn, ul. Tuwima 10, phone no. 89 523 46 86, e-mail: email@example.com.
- Contact with the personal data protection officer is possible at the above-mentioned address.
- The provided personal data will be processed in order to carry out the current recruitment process and kept until its completion on the basis of expressed consent (in accordance with Article 6 (1) (a) of the GDPR).
- You have the right to withdraw consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of the processing which was carried out on the basis of consent before its withdrawal.
- You have the right to access your personal data, request their rectification or removal. Submitting a request to delete data is tantamount to resignation from participation in the recruitment process. In addition, you have the right to request the restriction of processing in the cases specified in art. 18 GDPR.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the President of the Personal Data Protection Office against the unlawful processing of his personal data. This authority will be competent to consider the complaint, provided that the right to file a complaint concerns only the lawfulness of the processing of personal data, and not the recruitment process.
- Your data will not be profiled or made available to entities or third countries. The recipients of the data may be institutions authorized by law.
- Providing your personal data is not obligatory, but it is a necessary condition to participate in the recruitment process.