IF YOU ARE GRADUATING THIS YEAR, THIS OFFER IS FOR YOU!
Recruitment call for the NCN Preludium BIS 3 project entitled „Immunomodulatory properties of a pre-fermented whey drink enriched with chokeberry juice and colostrum” led by prof. dr hab. Barbara Wroblewska at the Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Olsztyn, Poland.
The PhD Student will carry out a tasks aimed at examining the effects of bioactive whey and colostrum proteins and chokeberry juice polyphenols, The first stage of the project will include determining the proportions/quantitative selection of raw materials in the mixture and determining the optimal conditions for pre-fermentation. In the next stages, simulated gastrointestinal digestion of individual components and their pre-fermented mixture will be carried out, as well as an analysis of the biological activity of the obtained hydrolysates using a model of human intestinal epithelial cells (Caco-2, cancer cells and HIEC-6, healthy cells). Epithelial cells will be cultured under standard conditions and in a state of induced inflammatory reaction (in the presence of bacterial lipopolysaccharide, LPS). The determined parameters of the immune response of epithelial cells (cell proliferation, the level of markers of the immune reaction: expression of cytokines and the level of interleukins of the pro- and anti-inflammatory pathway) will allow to unambiguously determine the immunoregulatory potential of the components and their pre-fermented mixture.
The implementation of the project will include: ongoing analysis of scientific literature, planning and performing experiments as well as laboratory and statistical analyses, interpretation of the results obtained, drawing conclusions, as well as preparing and presenting research results at scientific conferences, as well as writing scientific publications on the conducted research. Participation in the project will end with the defense of a doctoral thesis at the Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences.
- 31st May 2023 (23:59:59 Warsaw)
How to apply:
- Send your documentation (listed in eligibility criteria section) to: email@example.com within the deadline (sooner the better),
- Please include „PhD application” in message titile.
Position opening date:
- Position is open and can be taken between July and October 2023.
Requirements for the candidate:
- Higher (second degree) education in the field of agricultural sciences in the discipline of food and nutrition technology or biological (biotechnology, biology), or related,
- Knowledge of food technology and/or cell biology,
- Good knowledge of English in speech and writing,
- Practical knowledge of analytics in the field of microbiological research (lactic fermentation, bacteria microscopy), in vitro digestion and cell culture, knowledge of molecular biology techniques (eg RT-PCR, qPCR, Western blot, flow cytometry) and statistical analysis,
- Ability to write scientific and/or popular science papers and present results,
- Availability, motivation for scientific work, good organization of work,
- Highly appreciated scientific enthusiasm!
Additional advantages will be:
- Knowledge of in silico analysis,
- Bioinformatics skills.
We offer full support in assimilation process (help in settlement and living in Poland).
IF YOU DON’T HAVE YOUR MASTER DIPLOMA YET, BUT YOU ARE SET FOR GRADUATION IN 2023, PLEASE DO APPLY
Conditions of employment:
- Maximum duration of the scholarship: 48 months,
- The amount of the doctoral scholarship: PLN 4276 gross (approximately PLN 3800 net) per month, after two years the amount of the scholarship will be increased in accordance with the regulations of the Preludium Bis3 project,
- The selected candidate must become a participant in the Interdisciplinary Doctoral School of Agricultural Sciences co-run by IRZBŻ PAS in Olsztyn,
- Implementation of a six-month scientific internship in a foreign research center.
- Complete application documentation:
- CV containing:
- education path,
- details of the Master’s thesis (title, supervision, date of obtaining/date of defense planned),
- scientific achievements, including scientific publications (if any), trainings, conferences, chapters, articles etc.,
- competences to perform tasks planned in the project (mainly laboratory skills).
- Cover letter,
- Recommendation letter (preferably by Master’s thesis supervisor / mentor / project manager;
- Master’s degree (or planned graduation for 2023);
- Applying before the deadline;
- Consent to the processing of personal data.
In your CV or e-mail message, please include a clause of consent to the processing of personal data by us in the recruitment process:
„I consent to the processing of my personal data contained in the application documents by the Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Olsztyn with its registered office at 10-748 Olsztyn ul. Tuwima 10, in order to carry out the recruitment process (in accordance with Article 6(1)(a) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC).
- Selected candidates will be invited to short on-line interview, to present themselves;
- Candidates evaluated with the highest score will be invited to an actual interview, which will take place face-to-face or online;
- During the interview, the candidate will be asked to deliver a 10-minute speech. presenting his/her own idea about the implementation of the project for which he/she is applying;
- The recruitment results will be announced within two weeks from the last interview via e-mail;
- Candidates selected in the course of recruitment will be asked to apply to the Interdisciplinary Doctoral School at the Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Olsztyn – admission to the doctoral school is a prerequisite for receiving a scholarship;
- Admissions to the doctoral school will be announced on the doctoral school website.
Note: Candidates are entitled to a right of complaint within 14 days from the final results announcement. Complaints (with justification) should be addressed to the Institute’s HR Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org). HR Manager is obliged to respond the complaint within 14 working days.
Data processing information
- Information clause:
- The administrator of personal data processed as part of the recruitment process is the Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Olsztyn, 10-748 Olsztyn, ul. Tuwima 10, phone no. 89 523 46 86, e-mail: email@example.com.
- Contact with the personal data protection officer is possible at the above-mentioned address.
- The provided personal data will be processed in order to carry out the current recruitment process and kept until its completion on the basis of expressed consent (in accordance with Article 6 (1) (a) of the GDPR).
- You have the right to withdraw consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of the processing which was carried out on the basis of consent before its withdrawal.
- You have the right to access your personal data, request their rectification or removal. Submitting a request to delete data is tantamount to resignation from participation in the recruitment process. In addition, you have the right to request the restriction of processing in the cases specified in art. 18 GDPR.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the President of the Personal Data Protection Office against the unlawful processing of his personal data. This authority will be competent to consider the complaint, provided that the right to file a complaint concerns only the lawfulness of the processing of personal data, and not the recruitment process.
- Your data will not be profiled or made available to entities or third countries. The recipients of the data may be institutions authorized by law.
- Providing your personal data is not obligatory, but it is a necessary condition to participate in the recruitment process.