Director of the Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of Polish Academy of Science in Olsztyn announces an open call for the position:
Post-doc in Department of Reproductive Immunology and Pathology
within the realization of the project financed by the National Science Centre, Reg. No: 2018/29/B/NZ9/00391, entitled: “Biological study and mathematical modeling to describe and predict new processes controlling the development, function and atresia of ovarian follicles in cows” led by prof. Dariusz Jan Skarżyński.
Scientific research and other tasks in which the Candidate would participate:
- research related to: (1) investigation of the effects and mechanisms of growth factors on follicular growth, steroidogenesis, maturation and ovulation in cattle; and (2) developing mathematical models that will describe mechanisms controlling above functions of bovine follicles,
- execution of experiments,
- participation in in vitro experiments (cell separation and culture),
- participation in molecular biology analysis,
- perform data analysis and presentation, create high quality figures,
- collaborate with mathematicians, biologists and veterinarians,
- draft manuscripts for publication, present/publish the results in scientific conferences.
Candidate qualification requirements:
- Ph.D. in veterinary or animal sciences, biology, biotechnology, mathematical biology or bio-informatics;
- experience in one or more of the following fields is desirable: reproductive biology, cell physiology, hormonal regulations, mechanisms of growth factors actions, cell dead mechanisms, mathematical modelling of hormonal dynamical systems;
- active participation in scientific conferences;
- laboratory experience desirable: ideally in cell culture, ELISA, molecular biology techniques;
- fluency in English in speaking and writing;
- good writing and presentation skills of scientific papers and work, oral and written communication skills: English essential, Polish desirable.
- communicativeness and good organization of work,
- ability to work in a team, create research teams.
The Institute offers:
- basic salary: 7900 PLN
- assistance in accommodation during the initial period near the Department location,
- academic work without the need to conduct classes with students,
- technical, administrative and organizational support,
- participation in research conferences, courses, scientific trainings and conscious academic mentoring.
Application documents required from candidates:
- Curriculum Vitae including: education history, details on the PhD thesis (title, name of the supervisor, institution awarding the title, date of issuing the diploma), scientific record (scientific articles, conference presentations, book chapters, monographs, books, etc.), awards and other achievements (scholarships, internships, training schools, participation in research projects, etc.);
- copy of PhD diploma;
- at least one recommendation letter signed by a recognized researcher.
Employment duration – 6 months: since December 1, 2023 until May 31, 2024
Application documents should be sent to e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mrs. Karolina Łukasik
Department of Reproductive Immunology and Pathology,
Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of PAS
Kindly note that only online applications will be accepted.
The deadline for sending the documents is October 27, 2023; 12.00. a.m.
Results of the call will be announced within 7 days since the application deadline (may be extended until suitable Candidate who fulfills all requirements is found).
Please include in your application the following, signed statement:
“I agree to the processing of personal data provided in this document for realizing the recruitment process pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 10 May 2018 (Journal of Laws 2018, item 1000) and in agreement with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”.
According to Art. 12 Para. 1 and 2 of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation- hereinafter referred to as GDPR), we would like to inform you that:
- The administrator of your personal data is the Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Olsztyn, 10 Tuwima Str., 10-748 Olsztyn, NIP 739-05-04-515, REGON 001289340, phone: +48 89 523 46 86, e-mail: email@example.com.
- You can contact our Data Protection Officer by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your personal data will be processed on the basis of art. 6 par. 1 lit. a general regulation on data protection and the Labor Code – Act of June 26, 1974 (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 108) for recruitment to work at the Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Olsztyn .
- Personal data will be kept during the recruitment period.
- You have the right to request the administrator to access your personal data, the right to rectify it, delete or limit the processing and the right to withdraw consent to its processing.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory body, the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection.
- Providing personal data is a statutory requirement and is mandatory due to the provisions of labor law, and is voluntary in the remaining scope.
- Your data will not be processed in an automated way.
- The provision of your personal data is voluntary, but the refusal to provide such data may result in the inability to attend the recruitment process.
The results of the competition will be available on the website.
The recruitment rules for research positions are available here.