Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research, Polish Academy of Sciences (IAR&FR PAS)
Name of the position:
Post-doctoral Researcher in an NCN project OPUS 22 entitled „Towards unraveling the role of carp cold acclimation protein 31 (Cap31) – a new important player in fish antimicrobial defense?”
Description of the position:
The candidate will participate in the following research tasks:
- Development of the isolation and purification procedure of Cap31, production of anti-Cap31 antibodies and development of ELISA for Cap31 determination;
- Determination of physicochemical characteristics and kinetical properties of possible cytidine deaminase activity of Cap31;
- Determination of the kinetics of Cap31 in relation to acclimation to cold;
- Determination of relationships between Cap31 and well-being and health status of carp in aquaculture conditions.
Conditions of work:
- The elected candidate will receive a monthly salary of 7500-8500 PLN per month (brutto),
- Location of the workplace: Department of Gamete and Embryo Biology, IAR&FR PAS, Bydgoska Str. 7, 10-243 Olsztyn,
- Date of beginning of the employment: July/August 2022,
- Length of work contract: 48 months.
- Ph.D. in bioengineering, biotechnology, biology, veterinary, or related discipline (obtained not earlier than 7 years before the date of the announcement, a degree should be obtained outside the Institution where the project will be carried out);
- Knowledge in the field of biochemistry, molecular biology, biology of reproduction and immunology;
- Experience with the following techniques: purification and characterization of proteins, mass spectrometry MALDI TOF, proteomics, analysis of post-translational modifications, ELISA, electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE, 2D PAGE, 2D-DIGE, Western blot), qPCR, microscopy techniques, immunofluorescence staining of proteins in the cell, sperm analyses, including CASA;
- Co-authorship of 10 scientific papers;
- Ability to communicate easily in English;
- Ability to work in a group.
Interested candidates are asked to provide the following documents:
- Motivation letter;
- CV including a list of publications, conference presentations, and other awards;
- Ph.D. diploma or certificate of participation in studies at the moment;
- Recommendation letter confirming skills necessary for completing the project;
- Other documents, that in the opinion of the candidate are important when considering him/her for the position.
Applications should be sent to:
Prof dr hab. Andrzej Ciereszko firstname.lastname@example.org, deadline July 8, 2022 until 3:00 p.m. The subject of the message should be „Call for Post-doc Researcher/OPUS”.
In your CV, please include a consent clause for the processing of personal data in the recruitment process:
„I consent to the processing of my personal data contained in the application documents by the Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Olsztyn, 10-748 Olsztyn, ul. Tuwima 10, in order to carry out the recruitment process and publishing the full results of the competition on the Institute’s website”.
- The administrator of personal data processed as part of the recruitment process is the Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Olsztyn, 10-748 Olsztyn, ul. Tuwima 10, phone no. 89 523 46 86, e-mail: email@example.com.
- Contact with the personal data protection officer is possible at the above-mentioned address.
- The provided personal data will be processed in order to carry out the current recruitment process and kept until its completion on the basis of expressed consent (in accordance with Article 6 (1) (a) of the GDPR).
- You have the right to withdraw consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of the processing which was carried out on the basis of consent before its withdrawal.
- You have the right to access your personal data, request their rectification or removal. Submitting a request to delete data is tantamount to resignation from participation in the recruitment process. In addition, you have the right to request the restriction of processing in the cases specified in art. 18 GDPR.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the President of the Personal Data Protection Office against the unlawful processing of his personal data. This authority will be competent to consider the complaint, provided that the right to file a complaint concerns only the lawfulness of the processing of personal data, and not the recruitment process.
- Your data will not be profiled or made available to entities or third countries. The recipients of the data may be institutions authorized by law.
- Providing your personal data is not obligatory, but it is a necessary condition to participate in the recruitment process.