Name of the Institute:
Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research Polish Academy of Sciences
Name of the position:
Post-doctoral Researcher in an NCN project SONATA 15 entitled „The interaction of T helper cell subsets with endometrial fibroblasts in processes associated to development of mare endometrosis”
Description of the position:
Candidate will participate in the following research tasks:
- Investigation of changes in percentages of endometrial subsets of Th cells in the course of endometrosis;
- Investigation of the role of Th cell subsets in processes associated to development of mare endometrosis;
- Determination of the effect of IFNγ and interleukins characteristic for Th cells on ECM remodeling and fibrogenesis in mare endometrial fibroblast.
Conditions of work:
- Location of the workplace: Zakład Immunologii i Patologii Rozrodu – IRZiBŻ ul. Bydgoska 7, 10-243 Olsztyn;
- Date of beginning of the employment: 01.09.2020;
- Length of work contract: 36 months.
- PhD in biotechnology, biology, veterinary or related discipline (obtained not earlier than 7 years before the date of announcement, degree should be obtained outside the Institution where project will be carried out);
- Knowledge in the field of molecular biology, reproduction and immunology;
- Experience with following techniques: ELISA, Western blot, qPCR and immunofluorescence staining of proteins in the cell;
- Experience with primary cell isolation and culture;
- At least one international internship longer than 1 month;
- Authorship of at least 3 scientific papers;
- Ability to communicate easily in English;
- Ability to work in a group.
Interested candidates are asked to provide the following documents:
- Motivation letter;
- CV including list of publications, conference presentations, membership in scientific organizations and other awards;
- PhD diploma or certificate of participation in studies at the moment;
- Recommendation letter from a scientific mentor, confirming skills necessary for completing the project;
- Documents confirming proficiency in foreign languages;
- Other documents, that in the opinion of the candidate are important when considering him/her for the position.
Applications should be sent to:
Dr. Anna Szóstek-Mioduchowska, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The subject of the message should be „Call for Post-doc Researcher/SONATA”.