Director of Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of Polish Academy of Science in Olsztyn announces an open call for the position:
Assistant Professor (Adjunct) at the Department of Gamete and Embryo Biology
Scientific research and other tasks in which the Candidate would participate:
- Research on fish spermatozoa i.e. evaluation of sperm quality and cryopreservation (mainly Salmonids, Sturgeons and Percidae);
- Analysis of the mechanisms responsible for maturation of spermatozoa and understanding the formation of cryoinjuries in fish spermatozoa, especially Salmonids, and possibility of their control using supplementation with antioxidants at controlled conditions;Applied research on improvement of reproductive performance of fishes, with special attention paid to the quality of fish sperm;
- Planning of experimental procedures;
- Present/publish the results in scientific conferences/journals.
Candidate qualification requirements:
- Ph.D. in biological sciences or similar;
- Documented (by own research in the form of a doctoral thesis, publication or presentation of results at scientific conferences) knowledge on the subject of sperm quality assessment and cryopreservation of fish sperm;
- Experience in laboratory works related to sperm quality assessment (mainly computer assisted sperm analysis (CASA), flow cytometry), evaluation of oxidative stress in semen and cryopreservation of sperm;
- Experience in implementation of cryopreserved semen into hatchery practice (creation of sperm bank and use of cryopreserved semen to fertilization of eggs);
- Knowledge of biology and cryobiology of fish semen;
- Management in at least one project of the nature of basic research thematically related to the scientific and research activity;
- Very good command of English in speech and writing confirmed by obtained certificate;
- Active participation in scientific conferences (preferable oral presentations);
- Ability to use computer hardware;
- Experience in laboratory work (minimum 3 years).
- communicativeness and good organization of work,
- ability to work in a team, create research teams.
The Institute offers:
- assistance in accommodation during the initial period near the Department location,
- academic work without the need to conduct classes with students,
- technical, administrative and organizational support,
- participation in research conferences, courses, scientific trainings and conscious academic mentoring.
Application documents required from candidates:
- curriculum vitae with scientific record,
- covering letter,
- copy of PhD diploma or confirmation of the obtaining of PhD degree,
- recommendation letter signed by a recognized researcher.
The documents should be sent to the below address (the post stamp will be taken into account):
Mrs. Joanna Papurzyńska
Human Resources Specialist
Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research
Polish Academy of Sciences
Tuwima Street 10
The documents could also be sent via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for sending the documents is July 24, 2020 12.00. a.m.
Results of the call will be announced within 21 days since the application deadline (may be extended until suitable Candidate who fulfills all requirements is found).
Please include in your application the following, signed statement:
„I agree to the processing of personal data provided in this document for realising the recruitment process pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 10 May 2018 (Journal of Laws 2018, item 1000) and in agreement with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”.
According to Art. 12 Para. 1 and 2 of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation- hereinafter referred to as GDPR), we would like to inform you that:
- The administrator of your personal data is the Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Olsztyn, 10 Tuwima Str., 10-748 Olsztyn, NIP 739-05-04-515, REGON 001289340, phone: +48 89 523 46 86, e-mail: email@example.com.
- You can contact our Data Protection Officer by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your personal data will be processed on the basis of art. 6 par. 1 lit. a general regulation on data protection and the Labor Code – Act of June 26, 1974 (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 108) for recruitment to work at the Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Olsztyn .
- Personal data will be kept during the recruitment period.
- You have the right to request the administrator to access your personal data, the right to rectify it, delete or limit the processing and the right to withdraw consent to its processing.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory body, the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection.
- Providing personal data is a statutory requirement and is mandatory due to the provisions of labor law, and is voluntary in the remaining scope.
- Your data will not be processed in an automated way.
- The provision of your personal data is voluntary, but the refusal to provide such data may result in the inability to attend the recruitment process.
The results of the competition will be available on the website:
The recruitment rules for research positions are available at: