Director of Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of Polish Academy of Science in Olsztyn announces an open call for the position:
assistant professor at the Department of of Gamete and Embryo Biology (number of positions: 2)
Research and other activities in which the candidate will take part in:
- research on in vitro culture of bovine embryos using transcriptomic and proteomic techniques,
- research related to the searching for molecular quality markers of oocytes,
- studies of mechanisms conditioning the activation of ovarian tissue – in vitro and in vivo.
Information on work conditions and perspectives of personal professional development:
Participation in above mentioned scientific research and implementation works will contribute to significant improvement of competencies of a candidate in the field of research related in vitro bovine embryo culture and ovarian tissue activation with the use of molecular biology analytical techniques.
- PhD in agriculture sciences, medical sciences or similar;
- Experience in research on in vitro production and culture of bovine embryos;
- Good, documented by own research (in the form of a doctoral dissertation, publication from the Philadelphia list and presentation of results at scientific conferences) knowledge in the field of animal reproduction biology;
- Experience in applying molecular biology methods (including Real Time PCR, Western Blot) and microscopic techniques (immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence);
- Management in at least one project of the nature of basic research thematically related to the scientific and research activity of the Institute’s Biology Reproduction Division;
- At least two months of scientific internship outside the candidate’s home country;
- Participation in research projects;
- Active participation in international works shop and scientific conferences;
- Very good English communication skills;
- Very good knowledge in using computer and analytical equipment.
- Experience in implementing research projects;
- Communication skills;
- Team working abilities.
Documents to be submitted:
- curriculum vitae with scientific record,
- covering letter,
- copy of PhD diploma,
- documents confirming internship,
- recommendation letter signed by a recognized researcher.
The documents should be sent to the below address (the post stamp will be taken into account):
Mrs. Joanna Papurzyńska
Human Resources Specialist
Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research
Polish Academy of Sciences
Tuwima Street 10
The deadline for sending the documents is April 12, 2019 12.00. a.m.
The documents could also be sent via e-mail to: email@example.com
Results of the call will be announced within 31 days since the application deadline.