Director of Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of Polish Academy of Science in Olsztyn announces an open call for the position:
assistant professor at the Department of of Gamete and Embryo Biology (number of positions: 1)
Research and other activities in which the candidate will take part in:
- research of domestic animals semen, using advanced proteomic techniques, mass spectrometry and flow cytometry,
- research of the redox signal transduction mechanism during sperm capacitation and cryocapacitation of domestic animals,
- analysis of post-translational modifications of sperm proteins (phosphorylation, carbonylation, modification of sulfhydryl groups of proteins),
Information on work conditions and perspectives of personal professional development:
Participation in the above-mentioned scientific research will contribute to a significant increase in the candidate’s scientific competence in conducting advanced molecular research on fresh and cryopreated semen of domestic animals. As a result, through working in an interdisciplinary scientific team, the candidate will have a large prospect of developing skills and competences in the field of analysis of semen by proteomic methods, as well as based on mass spectrometry and flow cytometry.
- PhD in biological sciences or similar,
- experience, confirmed by scientific achievements, in conducting proteomic research on semen of domestic animals, with particular emphasis on oxidative modifications of sperm proteins,
- experience, confirmed by scientific achievements, in the field of proteomic techniques, including differential gel electrophoresis (DIGE) and protein identification using MALDI TOF mass spectrometer,
- knowledge of biology and cryobiology of mammalian semen,
- good command of English in speech and writing,
- ability to use computer hardware.
- participation in at least two scientific projects related to proteomic studies on semen of domestic animals,
- participation in at least two training courses in the field of proteomics,
- teamwork abilities.
Documents to be submitted:
- curriculum vitae with scientific record,
- covering letter,
- copy of PhD diploma,
- documents confirming post-doctoral internship,
- recommendation letter signed by a recognized researcher.
The documents should be sent to the below address (the post stamp will be taken into account):
Mrs. Joanna Papurzyńska
Human Resources Specialist
Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research
Polish Academy of Sciences
Tuwima Street 10
The deadline for sending the documents is July 31, 2018, 12.00. a.m.
The documents could also be sent via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Results of the call will be announced within 30 days since the application deadline.