Director of Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of Polish Academy of Science in Olsztyn announces an open call for the position:
assistant professor at the Department of Immunology and Food Microbiology (number of positions: 2)
Research and other activities in which the candidate will take part in:
- planning and implementation of experiments with animal models in the field of food allergy,
- studies on influence of food components on the digestive tract immune system, microbiota and its metabolic activity,
- study of the impact of diet components in the aspect of interactions in the area of the gut-brain axis,
- study of the impact of technological processes on changes in the allergenic potential of food ingredients,
- of projects and scientific publications.
Information on work conditions and perspectives of personal professional development:
If you appreciate peace and quiet – Poland and Olsztyn would be a good choice for your new place of work and private life. Located in the surrounding of lakes and forests, Olsztyn is one of the biggest tourist centers in Poland. Within the administrative bounds of the city you will find 15 lakes with a very well-developed tourist infrastructure and leisure facilities.
Apart from typical recreation and tourist assets, the city is a vibrant sports center. Olsztyn seats a number of sports clubs with a diversified offer of water activities and many other.
Another Olsztyn’s famous landmark is Kortowo, situated away from the city, in a close neighborhood to the Institute. Kortowo is a university campus recognized as the most beautiful in Poland, and one of the most picturesque in Europe. During the academic year Kortowo is a vibrant student centre, which becomes open for tourists when the vacation season starts. At the campus you will find many clubs, tennis courts, a sport stadium and equestrian facilities. There is also a scenic beach, a restaurant and Kortowo harbor offering water equipment rental service, including sail boats, rowing boats, kayaks, water bikes and surfboats.
In Olsztyn there are also many cultural events, concerts and theatre performances. The most famous are the annual Olsztyn Green Festival and Olsztyn Artistic Summer with a series of appealing attractions.
The realization and implementation of scientific research in the field of immunology, including in particular allergology, as well as microbiology will allow the candidate to gain and receive new knowledge and analytical experience. During the work in the Department of Immunology and Food Microbiology the candidate will have a perspective for foreign internships, the opportunity to learn new research and analytical methods as part of the bilateral cooperation with Paris Lodron University of Salzburg, Christian Doppler Laboratory for Biosimilar Characterization, Department of Biosciences, Division of Allergy and Immunology, Salzburg, Austria and Obihiro University, Japan. Due to Department of Immunology and Food Microbiology researches work takes place in cooperation with clinicians and representatives of the food industry the candidate will have high perspective of improvement of his own skills and competencies by working in interdisciplinary team in cooperation with representatives of the medical clinic and food industry giving the possibility of personal development in both – basic and applied research areas.
Candidate main requirements:
- PhD (in agricultural or related sciences),
- Co-authorship in scientific papers published in international journals (appearing in the Web of Knowledge database),
- Experience confirmed by scientific achievements in the subject of the influence of nutrients on the immune system and microbiota of the gastrointestinal tract,
- Documented experience in planning and conducting experiments on an animal model,
- Experience in the use of immunometric techniques, molecular biology, electrophoretic, chromatographic and cytometric techniques,
- Managing at least one research project financed from external funds, or completed foreign internships and trainings,
- Very good skills in using computer and analytical equipment,
- English at a good level in writing and speaking.
- the ability to transfer knowledge at the scientific and popularization level,
- communication skills,
- team working ability,
- organizational skills and experience, including organization of international workshops and scientific conferences.
Documents to be submitted:
- curriculum vitae with scientific record,
- covering letter,
- copy of PhD diploma,
- documents confirming post-doctoral internship,
- recommendation letter signed by a recognized researcher.
The documents should be sent to the below address:
Mrs. Joanna Papurzyńska
Human Resources Specialist
Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research
Polish Academy of Sciences
Tuwima Street 10
The deadline for sending the documents is June 30, 2018 (the post stamp will be taken into account), 12.00. a.m.
Results of the call will be announced within 21 days since the application deadline.