Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of Polish Academy of Sciences (IARFR PAS) is looking for a Bioinformatician- data analyst to join Molecular Biology Laboratory (Core Facility).
IARFR PAS is located in Olsztyn and is one of the top ranked Polish research institutes that performs interdisciplinary research in agricultural and biological sciences, booth basic and applied (https://pan.olsztyn.pl/projects). The Institute is equipped with state-of-the-art technology, has excellent core facilities and supportive administration. IARFR PAS provides stimulating scientific environment, especially due to its cooperative, multidisciplinary character (https://pan.olsztyn.pl/research-dissemination). Collaboration and exchange of knowledge and techniques between scientists from different disciplines is common and encouraged.
Bioinformatician- data analyst will join Molecular Biology Laboratory (Core Facility), which is focused on the assistance in molecular biology experimental approaches at both Divisions – Reproductive Biology and Food Science (https://pan.olsztyn.pl/institute/general-information/structure).
Olsztyn would be a good choice for living and working if you appreciate close contact with nature and quiet life. Within the administrative bounds of the city you will find more than 10 lakes with a very well-developed tourist and sport infrastructure, as well as leisure facilities. Each year the calendar is filled with a number of cultural and sports events (more @ Wikipedia).
- bioinformatics and analytical support of high-throughput molecular biology methods;
- organization, maintenance and development of IT infrastructure – Unix environment;
- active and constructive participation in research projects carried out at the Institute;
- visualization and presentation of the results of bioinformatics analyzes;
- preparation of the results and materials for scientific publications.
- M.Sc. degree in mathematics, bioinformatics, IT or biology;
- knowledge of bioinformatics and statistics;
- interest in self-development in bioinformatics/systems biology/functional genomics;
- good knowledge of scripting languages, i.e., R, Python;
- good knowledge of English (minimum B1/B2 level);
- previous experience in next-generation sequencing data analysis will be advantageous.
- goal orientation;
- ability to work individually and in a team;
- communicativeness and open-mindedness;
- independence in acquiring knowledge and willingness to share it;
- ability to solve problems.
- a contract of employment;
- salary dependent on the experience and skills;
- the opportunity to work on the interesting research topics (e.g., regulation of gene expression, epigenetics, analysis of RNA/DNA structures, microRNAs);
- the opportunity to work in the interdisciplinary team;
- professional development and improvement of qualifications;
- a stable work environment.
- CV, cover letter with a list of scientific achievements, completed projects, publications.
- sending the required documents, evaluation of the submitted documentation, interview with selected candidates, employment decision;
- interviews will be held in Polish and English.
Deadline for applications: December 3, 2022 (The Institute reserves the right to extend the deadline for submitting competition documents if there are no candidates who meet the above-mentioned requirements)
Interested candidates are kindly asked to contact prof. Monika M. Kaczmarek by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (postscript/e-mail title: recruitment_bioinformatician) and provide requested documents.
In your CV, please include a consent clause for the processing of personal data in the recruitment process:
„I consent to the processing of my personal data contained in the application documents by the Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Olsztyn, 10-748 Olsztyn, ul. Tuwima 10, in order to carry out the recruitment process and publishing the full results of the competition on the Institute’s website.”
- The administrator of personal data processed as part of the recruitment process is the Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Olsztyn, 10-748 Olsztyn, ul. Tuwima 10, phone no. 89 523 46 86, e-mail: email@example.com.
- Contact with the personal data protection officer is possible at the above-mentioned address.
- The provided personal data will be processed in order to carry out the current recruitment process and kept until its completion on the basis of expressed consent (in accordance with Article 6 (1) (a) of the GDPR).
- You have the right to withdraw consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of the processing which was carried out on the basis of consent before its withdrawal.
- You have the right to access your personal data, request their rectification or removal. Submitting a request to delete data is tantamount to resignation from participation in the recruitment process. In addition, you have the right to request the restriction of processing in the cases specified in art. 18 GDPR.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the President of the Personal Data Protection Office against the unlawful processing of his personal data. This authority will be competent to consider the complaint, provided that the right to file a complaint concerns only the lawfulness of the processing of personal data, and not the recruitment process.
- Your data will not be profiled or made available to entities or third countries. The recipients of the data may be institutions authorized by law.
- Providing your personal data is not obligatory, but it is a necessary condition to participate in the recruitment process.