Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research, Polish Academy of Sciences (IAR&FR PAS)
Name of the position:
Post-doctoral Researcher in an NCN project OPUS LAP 22 entitled: „Biotope influence on genetic diversity, fitness traits, microbiome and embryonic diapause in the European roe deer”.
Description of the position:
The candidate will participate in the following research tasks and analyses:
- The procedure of collecting research material in the field, eviscerationand tissue preparation, transporting the material to the laboratory;
- The isolation of oocytes from the ovaries of female roe deer, to develop a method for vitrification of oocytes;
- The isolation of semen from epididymides of male roe deer, develop a method for cryopreservation of semen, CASA analysis, determination of concentration and morphology;
- The develop in vitro fertilization method, culture embryos to blastocyst stage;
- Perform molecular biology techniques – Real Time PCR, electrophoresis, Western blotting, ELISA;
- Computer and statistical analysis of the obtained results, compilation of results for publication;
- Preparation of manuscripts, conference reports, presentations.
Conditions of work:
- The elected candidate will receive a monthly salary of 7500-8500 PLN per month (brutto),
- Location of the workplace: Department of Biodiversity Protection, IAR&FR PAS, Popielno 25, 12-220 Ruciane-Nida:
- Date of beginning of the employment: August 2023,
- Length of work contract: 30 months.
- Ph.D. in bioengineering, biotechnology, biology, veterinary, or related discipline (obtained not earlier than 5 years before the date of the announcement, a degree should be obtained outside the Institution where the project will be carried out);
- Knowledge in the field of biochemistry, molecular biology, biology of reproduction od mammals;
- Experience confirmed by scientific achievements in research on molecular biology techniques;
- Experience confirmed by scientific achievements and reccomendation letter in the field of molecular biology analyses: Real Time PCR, SDS-PAGE, 2D PAGE, Western-Blot, ELISA;
- Knowledge of the English language at a level enabling easy communication, reading and writing scientific text;
- Driving licence in category B and practical abilities of auto driving confirmed by copy of driving licence vaild in Poland;
- Ability to work in a team.
Interested candidates are asked to provide the following documents:
- Motivation letter;
- CV including a list of publications, conference presentations, and other awards;
- Ph.D. diploma or certificate of participation in studies at the moment;
- Copy of driving licence,
- Recommendation letter confirming skills necessary for completing the project;
- Other documents, that in the opinion of the candidate are important when considering him/her for the position.
Applications should be sent to:
Prof. Anna Korzekwa, email: email@example.com, deadline June 30, 2023 until 10:00 p.m. The subject of the message should be „Call for Post-doc Researcher/OPUS LAP”.
In your CV, please include a consent clause for the processing of personal data in the recruitment process:
„I consent to the processing of my personal data contained in the application documents by the Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Olsztyn, 10-748 Olsztyn, ul. Tuwima 10, in order to carry out the recruitment process and publishing the full results of the competition on the Institute’s website”.
- The administrator of personal data processed as part of the recruitment process is the Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Olsztyn, 10-748 Olsztyn, ul. Tuwima 10, phone no. 89 523 46 86, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact with the personal data protection officer is possible at the above-mentioned address.
- The provided personal data will be processed in order to carry out the current recruitment process and kept until its completion on the basis of expressed consent (in accordance with Article 6 (1) (a) of the GDPR).
- You have the right to withdraw consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of the processing which was carried out on the basis of consent before its withdrawal.
- You have the right to access your personal data, request their rectification or removal. Submitting a request to delete data is tantamount to resignation from participation in the recruitment process. In addition, you have the right to request the restriction of processing in the cases specified in art. 18 GDPR.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the President of the Personal Data Protection Office against the unlawful processing of his personal data. This authority will be competent to consider the complaint, provided that the right to file a complaint concerns only the lawfulness of the processing of personal data, and not the recruitment process.
- Your data will not be profiled or made available to entities or third countries. The recipients of the data may be institutions authorized by law.
Providing your personal data is not obligatory, but it is a necessary condition to participate in the recruitment process.