Position: full-time associate professor
Department of Biodiversity Protection is the only department belonged to the Institute situated in Popielno on a peninsula, in the reserve and in the Natura 2000 area (http://popielno.pl). There are equipped laboratories in the Department: biochemical, in vitro and molecular biology. Such a location provides isolation from the city noise, contact with nature, but at the same time, access to the nearest city (Ruciane-Nida), located about 20 km away, does not take more than 15-20 minutes.
- directing the pursuit of research interests,
- applying scientific and research projects and publication of the results in articles with IF,
- developing methodological skills in biochemical, microbiological and molecular biology analysis,
- communicativeness and good organization of work.
Scientific research and other tasks in which the Candidate would participate:
- studies concerning microbiota and immunological parameters in the organism physiology of free-living animals,
- research related to the genetic diversity of free-living animals using transcriptomic and proteomic methods,
- research related to the preservation of gametes, gamete and embryo banking as well as breeding biotechnologies that can be implemented in free-living animals,
- searching for breeding markers used in the development of effective techniques to reduce or intensify reproductive processes,
- development of non-invasive hormonal monitoring in relation to reproduction, behavior, etc. in free-living animals.
- influence of environmental factors, such as feeding base, antroporession on homeostasis of selected animal species,
- work with live domestic animals and collection of research material from domestic and free-living animals, vividly and post mortem.
Candidate qualification requirements:
- knowledge of animal physiology,
- PhD degree in agricultural, biological, veterinary or related sciences,
- good, documented by own research (in the form of PhD thesis, publications from the Philadelphia list and presentation of results at scientific conferences) knowledge of the subject of animal biology and behavior,
- experience in the application of molecular biology methods and microscopic techniques and computer analysis of results, especially ELISA, Real Time PCR,
- research internship outside the candidate’s home country,
- participation in research projects,
- participation in scientific conferences,
- very good oral and written English skills, knowledge of another foreign language will be an advantage,
- practical ability to drive a passenger car (category B, at least 2 years),
- courses, training and practical skills related to animal work will be an advantage,
- references of your experience in scientific research and analytical work will be an advantage.
Working days, with the possibility of task work when specific experiences are realized.
- work in a close-knit team, open to innovative ideas,
- opportunity to engage in activities that popularize science,
- work both in the office, in the laboratory and in the field, focused on achieving challenging results,
- evaluation of achievements at periodic team meetings, in a support-oriented atmosphere,
- motivation in the form of participation in scientific conferences.
- copy of university diploma,
- cover letter,
- references (not obligatory).
The documents should be sent by e-mail to Mrs. Joanna Papurzyńska (Human Resources Specialist): firstname.lastname@example.org
or by the post to the following address:
Mrs. Joanna Papurzyńska
Human Resources Specialist
Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research Polish Academy of Sciences
Tuwima Street 10
The deadline for sending the documents is April 28, 2023, at 12 a.m.
In your CV, please include a consent clause for the processing of personal data in the recruitment process:
„I consent to the processing of my personal data contained in the application documents by the Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Olsztyn, 10-748 Olsztyn, ul. Tuwima 10, in order to carry out the recruitment process and publishing the full results of the competition on the Institute’s website.”
- The administrator of personal data processed as part of the recruitment process is the Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Olsztyn, 10-748 Olsztyn, ul. Tuwima 10, phone no. 89 523 46 86, e-mail: email@example.com.
- Contact with the personal data protection officer is possible at the above-mentioned address.
- The provided personal data will be processed in order to carry out the current recruitment process and kept until its completion on the basis of expressed consent (in accordance with Article 6 (1) (a) of the GDPR).
- You have the right to withdraw consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of the processing which was carried out on the basis of consent before its withdrawal.
- You have the right to access your personal data, request their rectification or removal. Submitting a request to delete data is tantamount to resignation from participation in the recruitment process. In addition, you have the right to request the restriction of processing in the cases specified in art. 18 GDPR.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the President of the Personal Data Protection Office against the unlawful processing of his personal data. This authority will be competent to consider the complaint, provided that the right to file a complaint concerns only the lawfulness of the processing of personal data, and not the recruitment process.
- Your data will not be profiled or made available to entities or third countries. The recipients of the data may be institutions authorized by law.
- Providing your personal data is not obligatory, but it is a necessary condition to participate in the recruitment process.