Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of Polish Academy of Sciences (IARFR PAS) is looking for a Bioinformatician – data analyst to join Molecular Biology Laboratory (Core Facility).
IARFR PAS is located in Olsztyn (https://www.pan.olsztyn.pl/en) and is one of the top ranked Polish research institutes that performs interdisciplinary research in agricultural and biological sciences, booth basic and applied (https://pan.olsztyn.pl/projects). The Institute is equipped with state-of-the-art technology, has excellent core facilities and supportive administration. IARFR PAS provides stimulating scientific environment, especially due to its cooperative, multidisciplinary character (https://pan.olsztyn.pl/research-dissemination). Collaboration and exchange of knowledge and techniques between scientists from different disciplines is common and encouraged.
Bioinformatician – data analyst will join Molecular Biology Laboratory (Core Facility), which is focused on the assistance in molecular biology experimental approaches at both Divisions – Reproductive Biology and Food Science (https://pan.olsztyn.pl/institute/general-information/structure).
Olsztyn would be a good choice for living and working if you appreciate close contact with nature and quiet life. Within the administrative bounds of the city you will find more than 10 lakes with a very well-developed tourist and sport infrastructure, as well as leisure facilities. Each year the calendar is filled with a number of cultural and sports events (more @ Use-it Olsztyn and Wikipedia).
- bioinformatics and analytical support of high-throughput molecular biology methods;
- organization, maintenance and development of IT infrastructure – Unix environment;
- active and constructive participation in research projects carried out at the Institute;
- visualization and presentation of the results of bioinformatics analyzes;
- preparation of the results and materials for scientific publications.
- M.Sc. degree in mathematics, bioinformatics, IT or biology;
- knowledge of bioinformatics, statistics and programming;
- interest in self-development in bioinformatics/systems biology/functional genomics;
- good knowledge of scripting languages, e.g., Python, R, Perl;
- good knowledge of English (minimum B1/B2 level);
- previous experience in next-generation sequencing data analysis will be advantageous.
- goal orientation;
- ability to work individually and in a team;
- communicativeness and open-mindedness;
- independence in acquiring knowledge and willingness to share it;
- ability to solve problems.
- a contract of employment;
- salary dependent on the experience and skills;
- the opportunity to work on the interesting research topics (e.g., regulation of gene expression, epigenetics, analysis of RNA/DNA structures, microRNAs);
- the opportunity to work in the interdisciplinary team;
- professional development and improvement of qualifications;
- a stable work environment.
- CV, cover letter with a list of scientific achievements, completed projects, publications.
- sending the required documents, evaluation of the submitted documentation, interview with selected candidates, employment decision;
- interviews will be held in Polish and English.
Deadline for applications: January 25, 2021 (The Institute reserves the right to extend the deadline for submitting competition documents if there are no candidates who meet the above-mentioned requirements).
Interested candidates are kindly asked to contact prof. Monika M. Kaczmarek by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (postscript/e-mail title: recruitment_bioinformatician) and provide requested documents.
Please include in your application the following, signed statement:
„I agree to the processing of personal data provided in this document for realising the recruitment process pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 10 May 2018 (Journal of Laws 2018, item 1000) and in agreement with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”.
According to Art. 12 Para. 1 and 2 of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation- hereinafter referred to as GDPR), we would like to inform you that:
- The administrator of your personal data is the Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Olsztyn, 10 Tuwima Str., 10-748 Olsztyn, NIP 739-05-04-515, REGON 001289340, phone: +48 89 523 46 86, e-mail: email@example.com.
- You can contact our Data Protection Officer by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your personal data will be processed on the basis of art. 6 par. 1 lit. a general regulation on data protection and the Labor Code – Act of June 26, 1974 (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 108) for recruitment to work at the Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Olsztyn .
- Personal data will be kept during the recruitment period.
- You have the right to request the administrator to access your personal data, the right to rectify it, delete or limit the processing and the right to withdraw consent to its processing.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory body, the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection.
- Providing personal data is a statutory requirement and is mandatory due to the provisions of labor law, and is voluntary in the remaining scope.
- Your data will not be processed in an automated way.
- The provision of your personal data is voluntary, but the refusal to provide such data may result in the inability to attend the recruitment process.