Skip to main content
Cell biology methods
- Cell culture,
- Fibroblast and mesenchymal stem cell isolation from human tissue eg. from placenta,
- Differentiation of induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSC) towards neurons,
- Immunofluorescent staining (among others staining of replication proteins),
- Chromosome spreads.
Molecular biology methods
- PCR and RT-PCR,
- SDS PAGE and Western blot,
- Protein interaction assays (GST affinity assay, co-immunoprecipitation),
- Overexpression and initial purification of proteins,
- Separation of protein complexes on sucrose gradients,
- Southern blot,
- Fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH),
- Design and transfection of siRNA,
- Electromobility shift assay (EMSA).
- Transduction using viral vectors eg. lentiviral, retroviral, Sendai virus etc.,
- Production and titration of viruses – lentiviruses and herpesviruses,
- Virus replication assay,
- Infection with HCMV,
- Infectivity assay.