Director of Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of Polish Academy of Science in Olsztyn announces an open call for the position:
Assistant professor at the Department of Chemistry and Biodynamics of Food (No. of positions: 1)
Research and other activities in which the candidate will take part in:
- development of analytical methods for metabolomics research;
- studying the influence of diet and food ingredients on the human nutrition and metabolism with particular emphasis on the regulation of processes important in the prevention of the diet-related disorders (nutritional deficiencies, fermentation processes in the gut, inflammatory indicators and antioxidant status);
- studying of the influence of diet and food ingredients on metabolome in clinical and in vivo studies;
- non-targeted analysis of volatile organic compounds in biological and plant samples using GC-MS;
- studying on the profile of biologically active compounds in food products;
- preparation of projects and scientific publications.
Information on work conditions and perspectives of personal professional development:
The participation in the scientific research and tasks related to food chemistry, human nutrition and metabolomics will significantly increase the candidate’s scientific competence and analytical skills in the field of food chemistry and metabolomics. Besides, the candidate will have a chance to enhance knowledge by courses, workshops and internships. The research conducted in the Department of Chemistry and Biodynamics of Food will promote the development of skills and competences in the field of basic science as well as applied research areas.
- doctoral degree (agricultural, biological or related sciences);
- co-authorship in scientific papers published in international journals (included in the Journal Citation Report database), with a summarized Impact Factor of minimum 50,
- the experience confirmed by scientific achievements in the subject of human nutrition and the influence of diet on the functioning of gastrointestinal tract nutrition;
- documented experience in human intervention trials;
- leading at least one research project financed from external funds;
- experience in non-targeted metabolomics;
- experience in separation techniques, mass spectrometry and immunoenzymatic techniques;
- foreign scientific or training internships of a minimum of 6 months;
- very good knowledge of using computer software essential for data analysis;
- participation in scientific conferences;
- fluent English skills in speaking and writing.
- experience in the analysis of technological properties of food products;
- experience in statistical analysis;
- participation in courses, workshops and international projects;
- awards for scientific achievements;
- the ability to transfer knowledge;
- communication skills;
- team working abilities;
- organizational skills.
Documents to be submitted:
- CV with information on previous research work and internships abroad;
- cover letter;
- copy of the diploma;
- documents confirming internships;
- recommendation letter signed by a recognized researcher.
The documents (electronic version only) should be sent to the below address (the post stamp will be taken into account):
Mrs. Joanna Papurzyńska
Human Resources Specialist
Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research
Polish Academy of Sciences
Tuwima Street 10
The documents could also be sent via e-mail to: email@example.com
The deadline for sending the documents is August 23, 2020 12.00. a.m.
Results of the call will be announced within 21 days since the application deadline (may be extended until suitable Candidate who fulfills all requirements is found).
Please include in your application the following, signed statement:
„I agree to the processing of personal data provided in this document for realising the recruitment process pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 10 May 2018 (Journal of Laws 2018, item 1000) and in agreement with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”.
According to Art. 12 Para. 1 and 2 of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation- hereinafter referred to as GDPR), we would like to inform you that:
- The administrator of your personal data is the Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Olsztyn, 10 Tuwima Str., 10-748 Olsztyn, NIP 739-05-04-515, REGON 001289340, phone: +48 89 523 46 86, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can contact our Data Protection Officer by e-mail: email@example.com.
- Your personal data will be processed on the basis of art. 6 par. 1 lit. a general regulation on data protection and the Labor Code – Act of June 26, 1974 (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 108) for recruitment to work at the Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Olsztyn .
- Personal data will be kept during the recruitment period.
- You have the right to request the administrator to access your personal data, the right to rectify it, delete or limit the processing and the right to withdraw consent to its processing.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory body, the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection.
- Providing personal data is a statutory requirement and is mandatory due to the provisions of labor law, and is voluntary in the remaining scope.
- Your data will not be processed in an automated way.
- The provision of your personal data is voluntary, but the refusal to provide such data may result in the inability to attend the recruitment process.
The results of the competition will be available on the website:
The recruitment rules for research positions are available at: