Director of the Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of Polish Academy of Science in Olsztyn announces an open call for the position:
Assistant Professor (Adjunct) in the Department of Reproductive Immunology and Pathology
Scientific research and other tasks in which the Candidate would participate:
- research related to: reproductive aging and epigenetic changes of the bovine oocyte as a model for „human maternal aging”, searching for biomarkers of oocyte aging, testing of telomere length and TERRA in oocytes and early embryonic development, embryo-maternal communications in human and animals,
- planning of experimental procedures, execution of in vivo and in vitro (including oocyte and embryo culture) experiments,
- coordination of in vivo studies developed in the Department (collaboration with Research Station in Popielno, veterinarians, zootechnicians, practitioners of veterinary, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies),
- coordination of tasks related to the embryo collection and production team – EmbryoVet,
- support in training and supervision of PhD students,
- present/publish the results in scientific conferences/journals.
Candidate qualification requirements:
- Ph.D. in Veterinary Sciences/Medicine The candidate has accomplished graduation (PhD) outside the research/academic institutions located in Warmian-Masurian Voivodeship (Poland),
- Veterinary title of specialist in animal reproduction (preferably Diplomate ECAR),
- Documented (by own research in the form of a doctoral thesis, publication or presentation of results at scientific conferences) knowledge on the subject of biology and biotechnology of oocyte and embryo,
- Practical experience in research on oocytes, reproduction of mammals, in biotechnics in laboratory and farm animals (i.e. confirmed by a four-year residency according to EBVS),
- laboratory experience: molecular biology methods (including Q-FISH and RNA-FISH), microscopic techniques (immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence) and ELISA,
- active participation in scientific conferences (preferable oral presentations),
- excellent oral and written communication skills (English essential, Polish desirable).
- a minimum of 6-months of scientific internship outside the candidate’s home country.
- communicativeness and good organization of work,
- ability to work in a team, create research teams.
The Institute offers:
- assistance in accommodation during the initial period near the Department location,
- academic work without the need to conduct classes with students,
- technical, administrative and organizational support,
- participation in research conferences, courses, scientific trainings and conscious academic mentoring.
Application documents required from candidates:
- curriculum vitae with scientific record,
- cover letter,
- copy of PhD diploma,
- copy of documents confirming internship and experience (specialization) in animal reproductive health and bio-technics/biotechnology,
- recommendation letter signed by a recognized researcher.
The documents (electronic version only) should be sent to the below address:
Mrs. Joanna Papurzynska
Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of Polish Academy of Sciences
Tuwima Street 10
The documents could be sent via e-mail to: email@example.com
The deadline for sending the documents is July 13, 2020; 12.00. a.m.
Results of the call will be announced within 21 days since the application deadline (may be extended until suitable Candidate who fulfills all requirements is found).
Please include in your application the following, signed statement:
„I agree to the processing of personal data provided in this document for realising the recruitment process pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 10 May 2018 (Journal of Laws 2018, item 1000) and in agreement with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”.
According to Art. 12 Para. 1 and 2 of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation- hereinafter referred to as GDPR), we would like to inform you that:
- The administrator of your personal data is the Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Olsztyn, 10 Tuwima Str., 10-748 Olsztyn, NIP 739-05-04-515, REGON 001289340, phone: +48 89 523 46 86, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can contact our Data Protection Officer by e-mail: email@example.com.
- Your personal data will be processed on the basis of art. 6 par. 1 lit. a general regulation on data protection and the Labor Code – Act of June 26, 1974 (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 108) for recruitment to work at the Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Olsztyn .
- Personal data will be kept during the recruitment period.
- You have the right to request the administrator to access your personal data, the right to rectify it, delete or limit the processing and the right to withdraw consent to its processing.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory body, the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection.
- Providing personal data is a statutory requirement and is mandatory due to the provisions of labor law, and is voluntary in the remaining scope.
- Your data will not be processed in an automated way.
- The provision of your personal data is voluntary, but the refusal to provide such data may result in the inability to attend the recruitment process.