Director of the Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of Polish Academy of Science in Olsztyn announces an open call for the position:
post-doc in Department of Reproductive Immunology and Pathology
within the realization of the project financed by the National Science Centre, Reg. No: 2018/29/B/NZ9/00391, entitled: „Biological study and mathematical modeling to describe and predict new processes controlling the development, function and atresia of ovarian follicles in cows” led by prof. Dariusz Jan Skarżyński.
Scientific research and other tasks in which the Candidate would participate:
- research related to: (1) investigation of the effects and mechanisms of growth factors affecting follicular growth, steroidogenesis, maturation and ovulation in cattle; and (2) developing mathematical models that will describe mechanisms controlling above functions of bovine follicles,
- planning of experiments and biological procedures,
- execution of experiments,
- participation in in vitro experiments (cell separation and culture),
- participation in molecular biology analysis,
- develop the new mathematical models, perform data analysis,
- support in training and oversight of PhD students,
- collaborate with mathematicians, biologists and veterinarians,
- present/publish the results in scientific conferences/journals.
Candidate qualification requirements:
- Ph.D. in computational biology/mathematical biology/systems biology (graduated not later than 6 months from the application deadline, excluding the maternity/parental leave). The candidate has accomplished graduation (PhD) outside the research/academic institutions located in Warmian-Masurian Voivodeship (Poland).
- Experience in one or more of the following fields is desirable: mathematical modelling of: hormonal dynamical systems, genetics, reproductive processes.
- Experience, confirmed by professional, scientific achievements or academic degree (M.Sci, Bachelor), in biotechnology and animal breeding,
- documented (by own research in the form of a doctoral thesis, publication or presentation of results at scientific conferences) knowledge of the subject of the mathematical modeling of reproduction.
- active participation in scientific conferences,
- experience in mathematical software, for instance: Matlab, R, ModFit, Latex, Cytoscape.
- laboratory experience desirable: ideally in cell culture, ELISA, molecular biology.
- excellent oral and written communication skills (English essential, Polish desirable).
- a minimum of two years of scientific internship outside the candidate’s home country.
- communicativeness and good organization of work,
- ability to work in a team, create research teams.
The Institute offers:
- assistance in accommodation during the initial period near the Department location,
- academic work without the need to conduct classes with students,
- technical, administrative and organizational support,
- participation in research conferences, courses, scientific trainings and conscious academic mentoring.
Application documents required from candidates:
- curriculum vitae with scientific record,
- cover letter,
- copy of PhD diploma,
- documents confirming internship and experience in biotechnology and animal breeding,
- recommendation letter signed by a recognized researcher.
Since July 1, 2020 until December 31, 2021.
The documents should be sent to the below address (the post stamp will be taken into account):
Mrs. Karolina Łukasik
Department of Reproductive Immunology and Pathology
Polish Academy of Sciences
Tuwima Street 10
The deadline for sending the documents is April 6, 2020; 12.00. a.m.
The documents could also be sent via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Results of the call will be announced within 21 days since the application deadline (may be extended until suitable Candidate who fulfills all requirements is found).
Please include in your application the following, signed statement:
„I agree to the processing of personal data provided in this document for realising the recruitment process pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 10 May 2018 (Journal of Laws 2018, item 1000) and in agreement with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”.
According to Art. 12 Para. 1 and 2 of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation- hereinafter referred to as GDPR), we would like to inform you that:
- The administrator of your personal data is the Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Olsztyn, 10 Tuwima Str., 10-748 Olsztyn, NIP 739-05-04-515, REGON 001289340, phone: +48 89 523 46 86, e-mail: email@example.com.
- You can contact our Data Protection Officer by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your personal data will be processed on the basis of art. 6 par. 1 lit. a general regulation on data protection and the Labor Code – Act of June 26, 1974 (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 108) for recruitment to work at the Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Olsztyn .
- Personal data will be kept during the recruitment period.
- You have the right to request the administrator to access your personal data, the right to rectify it, delete or limit the processing and the right to withdraw consent to its processing.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory body, the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection.
- Providing personal data is a statutory requirement and is mandatory due to the provisions of labor law, and is voluntary in the remaining scope.
- Your data will not be processed in an automated way.
- The provision of your personal data is voluntary, but the refusal to provide such data may result in the inability to attend the recruitment process.
The results of the competition will be available on the website: www.pan.olsztyn.pl/institute/results-of-competitions
The recruitment rules for research positions are available at: www.pan.olsztyn.pl/institute/hr-excellence-in-research