Director of the Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of Polish Academy of Science in Olsztyn announces an open call for the position:
Post-doc in Department of Gamete and Embryo Biology
within the realization of the project financed by the National Science Centre, reg. no 2018/29/B/NZ9/00486, entitled: „Regulation of bull sperm capacitation by redox modifications of proteins” led by prof. Andrzej Ciereszko.
Research and other activities in which the candidate will take part in:
- research conducted on sperm of domestic animals, with the use of advanced proteomic techniques, mass spectrometry and flow cytometry,
- research of the redox signal transduction mechanism during sperm capacitation and cryocapacitation of domestic animals,
- analysis of post-translational modifications of sperm proteins (phosphorylation, carbonylation, modification of sulfhydryl groups of proteins).
Information on work conditions and perspectives of professional development:
Participation in the above-mentioned scientific research will contribute to a significant increase in the candidate’s scientific competence in conducting advanced molecular research on semen of domestic animals. As a result, through working in an interdisciplinary scientific team, the candidate will have a large prospect of developing skills and competences in the field of analysis of semen by proteomic methods, as well as based on mass spectrometry and flow cytometry.
- PhD in in agricultural, biological, or related sciences obtained within 7 years of joining the project (this period does not include breaks related to: maternity leave, adoption leave, paternal leave, parental leave granted in compliance with the Labour Code, nor periods of sickness benefit or physiotherapy benefit granted on account of being unfit to work, including any caused by a health condition requiring rehabilitation),
- Experience, confirmed by scientific achievements in conducting proteomic research, including SDS-PAGE, 2D PAGE, 2D DIGE, Western-Blot and protein identification using MALDI TOF mass spectrometer,
- Experience, confirmed by scientific achievements, in conducting research on semen of domestic animals, with particular emphasis on bull semen,
- Knowledge in the field of animal reproduction biology,
- Good command of English in speech and writing,
- Experience in laboratory work (minimum 2 years after obtaining the doctoral degree).
- communication skills,
- teamwork abilities.
Since January 1, 2020 till December 31, 2021.
Documents to be submitted:
- curriculum vitae including scientific achievements,
- cover letter,
- copy of PhD diploma,
- recommendation letter signed by a recognized researcher.
For more information please contact dr Agnieszka Mostek (e-mail: email@example.com; tel: +48 89 5393134)
The documents should be send till November 15, 2019, via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or via regular post to:
Dr Agnieszka Mostek
Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research, Polish Academy of Sciences
Tuwima 10, 10-748 OLSZTYN, POLAND
Please include in your application the following, signed statement:
„I agree to the processing of personal data provided in this document for realising the recruitment process pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 10 May 2018 (Journal of Laws 2018, item 1000) and in agreement with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”.
According to Art. 12 Para. 1 and 2 of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation- hereinafter referred to as GDPR), we would like to inform you that:
- The administrator of your personal data is the Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Olsztyn, 10 Tuwima Str., 10-748 Olsztyn, NIP 739-05-04-515, REGON 001289340, phone: +48 89 523 46 86, e-mail: email@example.com.
- You can contact our Data Protection Officer by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your personal data will be processed on the basis of art. 6 par. 1 lit. a general regulation on data protection and the Labor Code – Act of June 26, 1974 (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 108) for recruitment to work at the Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Olsztyn .
- Personal data will be kept during the recruitment period.
- You have the right to request the administrator to access your personal data, the right to rectify it, delete or limit the processing and the right to withdraw consent to its processing.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory body, the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection.
- Providing personal data is a statutory requirement and is mandatory due to the provisions of labor law, and is voluntary in the remaining scope.
- Your data will not be processed in an automated way.
- The provision of your personal data is voluntary, but the refusal to provide such data may result in the inability to attend the recruitment process.