Director of Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of Polish Academy of Science in Olsztyn announces an open call for the position:
assistant professor at the Department of Biodiversity Protection IARFR PAS in Popielno
IARFR PAS is located
in Olsztyn (http://pan.olsztyn.pl/en) and is one of the top ranked Polish research institutes that performs interdisciplinary research in agricultural and biological sciences, booth basic and applied. The Institute is equipped with state-of-the-art technology, has excellent core facilities and supportive administration. IARFR provides stimulating scientific environment, especially due to its cooperative, multidisciplinary character. Collaborations and exchange of knowledge and techniques between scientists from different disciplines is common and encouraged. Institute possesses high quality infrastructure in its resources (about 120 km from Popielno).
Department of Biodiversity Protection
is situated in Popielno on a peninsula, in the reserve and in the Natura 2000 area (http://popielno.pl). There is the Institute Research Station and fully equipped laboratories of the Department: biochemical, in vitro and molecular biology. Such a location provides isolation from the city noise, contact with nature, but at the same time, access to the nearest cities (Ruciane-Nida and Pisz), located about 20 km away, does not take more than 15-20 minutes.
Scientific research and other tasks in which the Candidate would participate:
- research related to the genetic diversity of free-living animals using transcriptomic and proteomic methods,
- research related to the preservation of gametes, gamete and embryo banking as well as breeding biotechnologies that can be implemented in free-living animals,
- searching for breeding markers used in the development of effective techniques to reduce or intensify reproductive processes,
- studies on the dependence of microbiota on immunological parameters of the organism of free-living animals,
- development of non-invasive hormonal monitoring in relation to reproduction, behavior, etc. in free-living animals.
Candidate qualification requirements:
- PhD degree in agricultural, biological, veterinary or related sciences,
- experience, confirmed by scientific achievements, in studies on behavior, breeding, reproduction, microbiota in free-living and / or farm animals,
- good, documented by own research (in the form of a doctoral thesis, publication from the Philadelphia list and presentation of results at scientific conferences) knowledge of the subject of biology and behavior of animals,
- experience, confirmed by scientific achievements, in the application of molecular biology methods (including Real Time PCR, Western Blot, genotyping) and microscopic techniques (immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence),
- management in at least one project of the nature of basic research thematically related to the research activities of the Department of Biodiversity Protection,
- a minimum of two months of scientific internship outside the candidate’s home country,
- participation in research projects,
- active participation in scientific conferences,
- very good knowledge of English in speech and writing,
- ability to use computer equipment.
- communicativeness and good organization of work,
- ability to work in a team, create research teams,
- applying research and development projects.
The Institute offers:
- assistance in accommodation during the initial period near the Department location,
- academic work without the need to conduct classes with students,
- technical, administrative and organizational support,
- participation in courses, scientific trainings and conscious academic mentoring.
Application documents required from candidates:
- curriculum vitae with scientific record,
- covering letter,
- copy of PhD diploma,
- documents confirming internship,
- recommendation letter signed by a recognized researcher.
The documents should be sent to the below address (the post stamp will be taken into account):
Mrs. Joanna Papurzyńska
Human Resources Specialist
Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research
Polish Academy of Sciences
Tuwima Street 10
The deadline for sending the documents is October 1, 2019 12.00. a.m.
The documents could also be sent via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Results of the call will be announced within 21 days since the application deadline (may be extended until suitable Candidate who fulfills all requirements is found).
Please include in your application the following, signed statement:
„I agree to the processing of personal data provided in this document for realising the recruitment process pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 10 May 2018 (Journal of Laws 2018, item 1000) and in agreement with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”.
According to Art. 12 Para. 1 and 2 of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation- hereinafter referred to as GDPR), we would like to inform you that:
- The administrator of your personal data is the Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Olsztyn, 10 Tuwima Str., 10-748 Olsztyn, NIP 739-05-04-515, REGON 001289340, phone: +48 89 523 46 86, e-mail: email@example.com.
- You can contact our Data Protection Officer by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your personal data will be processed on the basis of art. 6 par. 1 lit. a general regulation on data protection and the Labor Code – Act of June 26, 1974 (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 108) for recruitment to work at the Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Olsztyn .
- Personal data will be kept during the recruitment period.
- You have the right to request the administrator to access your personal data, the right to rectify it, delete or limit the processing and the right to withdraw consent to its processing.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory body, the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection.
- Providing personal data is a statutory requirement and is mandatory due to the provisions of labor law, and is voluntary in the remaining scope.
- Your data will not be processed in an automated way.
- The provision of your personal data is voluntary, but the refusal to provide such data may result in the inability to attend the recruitment process.
The results of the competition will be available on the website:
The recruitment rules for research positions are available at: