Director of Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of Polish Academy of Science in Olsztyn announces an open call for the position:
assistant professor at the department of Biological Function of Food
Research and other activities in which the candidate will take part in:
- planning and realization of nutritional experiments using animal models,
- study about influence of biologically active compounds on the gastrointestinal tract physiology and metabolism with particular emphasis on the regulation of processes important in prevention or reduction of the life-threatening disorders (synthesis and metabolism of bile acids, fermentation processes in the gut, inflammatory indicators and antioxidant status),
- study about metabolism of biologically active compounds including distribution in the organs as well as local and systemic effects of metabolites,
- study about influence of diet components on the liver metabolic and regulatory function, including models associated with disorders of this organ,
- preparation of projects and scientific publications.
Information on work conditions and perspectives of personal professional development:
If you appreciate peace and quiet – Poland and Olsztyn would be a good choice for your new place of work and private life. Located in the surrounding of lakes and forests, Olsztyn is one of the biggest tourist centers in Poland. Within the administrative bounds of the city you will find 15 lakes with a very well-developed tourist infrastructure and leisure facilities.
Apart from typical recreation and tourist assets, the city is a vibrant sports center. Olsztyn seats a number of sports clubs with a diversified offer of water activities and many other.
Another Olsztyn’s famous landmark is Kortowo, situated away from the city, in a close neighborhood to the Institute. Kortowo is a university campus recognized as the most beautiful in Poland, and one of the most picturesque in Europe. During the academic year Kortowo is a vibrant student centre, which becomes open for tourists when the vacation season starts. At the campus you will find many clubs, tennis courts, a sport stadium and equestrian facilities. There is also a scenic beach, a restaurant and Kortowo harbor offering water equipment rental service, including sail boats, rowing boats, kayaks, water bikes and surfboats. In Olsztyn there are also many cultural events, concerts and theatre performances. The most famous are the annual Olsztyn Green Festival and Olsztyn Artistic Summer with a series of appealing attractions.
The participation in above mentioned scientific research and tasks regarding the determination of the influence of biologically active compounds on the mechanisms linking gastrointestinal physiology with liver function in animal models will significantly increase the candidate’s scientific competence in the field of metabolomics and molecular biology. In addition, in the department of Biological Function of Food are implemented projects in cooperation with the industry and thus it is giving opportunity to increase competence in the field of not only basic science but also applied research areas.
- doctoral degree (agricultural or related sciences),
- foreign scientific or training internships, including at least one six months post-doctoral internship,
- co-authorship in scientific papers published in international journals (appearing in the Web of Knowledge database),
- experience confirmed by scientific achievements in the subject of metabolism and the influence of polyphenols on gastrointestinal tract physiology and parameters of inflammation, oxidative stress in the blood and liver,
- documented experience in planning and conducting nutritional experiments with laboratory animals,
- experience in the molecular biology techniques (nucleic acid isolation, RT-PCR, microarrays, ELISA), techniques related to analysis of polyphenols and bile acids metabolism (HPLC, HPLC-MS/MS), and techniques associated with the determination indicators of inflammation and oxidative stress of the body,
- managing at least one research project financed from external funds,
- very good knowledge in using computer software.
- English at a good level in writing and speaking,
- the ability to transfer knowledge,
- communication skills,
- team working abilities,
- organizational skills.
Documents to be submitted:
- curriculum vitae with scientific record,
- cover letter,
- copy of PhD diploma,
- documents confirming post-doctoral internship,
- recommendation letter signed by a recognized researcher.
The documents should be sent to the below address:
Mrs. Joanna Papurzyńska
Human Resources Specialist
Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research Polish Academy of Sciences
Tuwima Street 10
The deadline for sending the documents is March 9, 2018, 12.00. a.m. (the post stamp will be taken into account),
The documents could also be sent via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Results of the call will be announced within 21 days since the application deadline.